1. Grant Guidelines
The legal basis for the grants which we provide essentially comprises a specific funding agreement which is concluded between Stiftung Mercator and the respective Project Partner, and our general funding guidelines. You can download these guidelines from the link below:
2. Payment Schedule and Drawdown
Immediately after the conclusion of the funding agreement, the Project Partner submits a payment schedule for the entire duration of the project, defining the amount of funds required on specific dates. Amendments to the payment schedule can only be made in conjunction with Stiftung Mercator once the project has commenced.
A written call for funds is to be sent to Stiftung Mercator no later than four weeks before each payment date agreed in advance of the project. Please note that Stiftung Mercator does not transfer funds at its own initiative on the basis of the payment schedule, but only upon receiving a specific written request to do so.
Please use the following form for the payment schedule and calls for funds:
3. Proof of Appropriation
Stiftung Mercator requires regular documentation of the use of funds provided. The frequency at which such funds allocation statements must be furnished depends on the duration of the funded project:
- For projects of less than one year in duration, a completed funds appropriation form has to be submitted within two months of the project’s termination.
- For projects of more than one year in duration, we will require an interim funds allocation statement after each twelve months of funding as well as an overall documentation of the use of funds that is to be handed in within two monthsafter the project’s termination.
Please use the following form for both interim and final funds allocation statements:
"Funds Allocation Statement" form (German version)
"Funds Allocation Statement" form (English version)
We reserve the right to request interim statements in addition to the annual requirement to furnish documentation, and to inspect the project accounting documents.
4. Preparation of Project Reports
In order to be up-to-date with respect tothe progress of the funded project, Stiftung Mercator requires regular written reports from the project partner. The frequency at which these reports are to be provided depends on the duration of the funded project:
- In projects of less than one year in duration, the project report has to be submitted within two months of the project’s termination.
- In projects of more than one year in duration, we require written interim project reports after each twelve months of funding as well as a final project report covering the entire funding period to be handed in within two months after the project’s termination.
Please use the following form for interim and final reports:
The foundation also reserves the right to request additional information pertaining to the project at any time, to visit the project sites, and to talk to the persons involved in the project.
5. Honorarium and Compensation for Travelling
Please use the following form for requests for honorarium and compensation for travelling:
"Request for Honorarium and Compensation for Travelling" (German version)
"Request for Honorarium and Compensation for Travelling" (English version)